Obtenir une Soubscription pour cacher toutes les annonces

Le message original

Posté par Fatcheek, 23.07.2021 - 22:08
Can Turkey join the EU, if its considered european?
27.07.2021 - 16:56
Ecrit par Fatcheek, 27.07.2021 at 15:10

Have you been to Istanbul before? It's FAR more culturally close to Greece then to Iran. The same goes for a lot of Turkey. I'm pretty sure the only parts of Turkey that are more culturally close to Iran then to Greek are the Kurds.

Iranian influence exists in every aspect of mainstream "Turkish" culture, be it language (-stan suffix for countries is a good example), cuisine (kebabs), religion (Turks originally converted to Islam in Persia), or anything else. I have, in fact, been to Adrianople/Edirne and it didn't inspire me as particularly close to Greece culturally, it gave me the feel of what I'd expect in a Middle-Eastern nation, minus the wars.
----
Someone Better Than You
Chargement...
Chargement...
27.07.2021 - 19:33
Ecrit par Zephyrusu, 27.07.2021 at 16:56

Ecrit par Fatcheek, 27.07.2021 at 15:10

Have you been to Istanbul before? It's FAR more culturally close to Greece then to Iran. The same goes for a lot of Turkey. I'm pretty sure the only parts of Turkey that are more culturally close to Iran then to Greek are the Kurds.

Iranian influence exists in every aspect of mainstream "Turkish" culture, be it language (-stan suffix for countries is a good example), cuisine (kebabs), religion (Turks originally converted to Islam in Persia), or anything else. I have, in fact, been to Adrianople/Edirne and it didn't inspire me as particularly close to Greece culturally, it gave me the feel of what I'd expect in a Middle-Eastern nation, minus the wars.

If we look like that then
Modern Greek language has a lot of Turkish words too.
Greek cuisine has been effected by Turkish cuisine (cacık, yoghurt, gyros, sarma (dolma) and many other that i can't count right now.)

As a Turk who traveled most of the Balkans, I can tell you that most of the Balkan nations and Turks have similar features. More common than A Turk and a Persian or an Arab.
Chargement...
Chargement...
27.07.2021 - 21:20
Ecrit par Metyu, 27.07.2021 at 19:33

If we look like that then
Modern Greek language has a lot of Turkish words too.
Greek cuisine has been effected by Turkish cuisine (cacık, yoghurt, gyros, sarma (dolma) and many other that i can't count right now.)

As a Turk who traveled most of the Balkans, I can tell you that most of the Balkan nations and Turks have similar features. More common than A Turk and a Persian or an Arab.

Turkish influence on Greece does not compare to Iranian or Arab influence on Turkey, the modern Turkish nation was virtually born inside Persia during Seljuk times, by contrast Turkish influences in Greece are much sparser as modern Greek culture is for the most part based on Byzantine-era culture.
I've been to both Turkey and Bulgaria and they were worlds apart, Bulgaria looked and felt much more similar to my own daily reality than Turkey felt. I stepped into a local market and felt like I was in some Middle-Eastern bazaar from the middle ages, there were leaning buildings (not even joking), it's true that western Turks have some common cultural traits with Greeks, and Greece as a nation is within two overlapping circles (European and eastern Mediterranean cultures), but there is a definitive dividing line, and Turkey is across it.
----
Someone Better Than You
Chargement...
Chargement...
28.07.2021 - 02:12

cuisine (kebabs)

I don't see any similarities whatsoever

It's insane amount of the cope in this thread, of course you are going to be similar in cultural aspect you were one country for few centuries, you lived with one another be it in Solun, Istanbul or wherever
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

Chargement...
Chargement...
28.07.2021 - 08:33
 Mobster (Mod)
Ecrit par Black Swans, 28.07.2021 at 02:12

cuisine (kebabs)

I don't see any similarities whatsoever

It's insane amount of the cope in this thread, of course you are going to be similar in cultural aspect you were one country for few centuries, you lived with one another be it in Solun, Istanbul or wherever

Chargement...
Chargement...
28.07.2021 - 08:53
Imagine being part of the same empire/ country for majority of known history, yet ur hate has overtaken and u neglect the shared culture.
Chargement...
Chargement...
28.07.2021 - 12:51
We are all ottomans and our capital is contantinople. Unite brothers
----

Chargement...
Chargement...
28.07.2021 - 21:35
Turkey isnt european, its architecture is middle eastern, its religion is semitic, its language is asian (with arab and persian influences), if you look at the streets of Istanbul or Ankara and compare them to Paris and Munich you can see a clear diffrence, so is the way the people think and act. Modern turkish culture is regardless middle eastern with i guess some exceptions in Izmir or Istanbul, it cant be called European.
Calling turkey western/european is wrong.
Chargement...
Chargement...
28.07.2021 - 21:43
Ecrit par Metyu, 26.07.2021 at 18:18

Ecrit par Zephyrusu, 26.07.2021 at 07:22

Ecrit par Fatcheek, 25.07.2021 at 13:03

Russia is considered apart of Europe, so why not Turkey?

Russia is culturally European, Turkey isn't

Ecrit par DeepFriedUnicorn, 25.07.2021 at 09:20

In my opinion. The Russian Federation is like an Asian Aggressor. They took Crimea, they like cuddling to the CCP and enjoy checking up on N.K. They have Polish and Finnish lands.

In my, personal, opinion. They have lost their "European persona" or some shit, just like Turkey, Az, Armenian, Israel and Kazah gained it over the decades.

Bruh you are saying Russia is not European because they are expansionist and have Asian allies, was Nazi Germany not European either?

If Turkish culture is not considered as "European" then Greek culture should not be European too, if we consider the fact that how similar Turkish and Greek cultures are

Greek culture and its language were spoken by the ancient greeks who were influential in forming european philosophies, architecture and spreading ideas and culture around the world, the Eastern Roman Empire, which contributed hugely to the Balkans and Eastern Europe was also basically greek. Turkey and Greece dont share pieces of culture, Greek one has influenced turkish way more then the other way around. Greek culture is far more european then the Turkish culture (the european parts of it are regardless eaither secular western or greek).
Chargement...
Chargement...
29.07.2021 - 07:27
Ecrit par Brsjak, 28.07.2021 at 21:35

Turkey isnt european, its architecture is middle eastern, its religion is semitic, its language is asian (with arab and persian influences), if you look at the streets of Istanbul or Ankara and compare them to Paris and Munich you can see a clear diffrence, so is the way the people think and act. Modern turkish culture is regardless middle eastern with i guess some exceptions in Izmir or Istanbul, it cant be called European.

A quote here from Kemal "Biz bize benzeriz".
Now imagine you are talking to europeans and they say, no u are middle eastern u are not european to turks.
Now imagine you are talking to middle easterns and they say, no u are not middle eastern, u are european.

12% of turkish people live on european side.
Yes majority 85%+ are probably muslim (growing amount of non-believers in secular turkey) So they share religion the same religion as the persians and arabs. But culturally they are totally different. If youve been to these countries you would ackknowledge this.
If youd ask a turk where they belong to, theyd probably say they live like europeans, practice their religion like middle easterners because they cant identify as either they'd just say as the quote says, they are just turks.

"calling turkey european is wrong"
This idea comes from this 16th century believe of turks being barbaric. Erasmus on turks.
Kids these days dont know in how many european institutions turkey is even a founding member. Imagine being one of 12 founding members of the european council yet some kid says nope calling u european/ western is wrong.
Imagine belonging to the first world. To the western world. Yet some kid still says calling u western/ european is wrong.
Imagine being a candidate to the EU, and trying to meet the requirements, yet some kid says calling u european is wrong.

You wanna know if turkey looks more german or more like saudi-arabia/ iran? And your answer is the latter. Youre just ignorant. With the many flaws the turkish system has, it is way more close to the european system than the other.

In the UN, Turkey always votes with its western allies. Western European Countries (like France, Spain, UK), the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Greece, and Turkey forms Western Europe and Others group in the UN.

Turkey is ruled on the merits of Law and Human Rights and not by religious principles unlike middle eastern countries. How are european countries ruled? guess the same.

Imagine being earlier to accept woman's suffrage than France or belgium and many other european countries and have gender equality yet some kid says calling u european is wrong.

Imagine studying to be a lawyer in turkey, and finding out that your whole legal system is based on.... european legal system, yet some kid says calling u european is wrong.

Imagine having the european court of human rights as the highest legal authority just like the other european countries, yet some kid says calling u european is wrong.

Imagine being in asia yet still be a member of the north atlantic treaty organisation.

Imagine having a purchasing power on the likes of many european countries, yet some kid says u look more like a middle eastern country.

Imagine having controversial things such as prostitution and abortion legal unlike other countries (ahum poland- ahum eastern europe).

Imagine literally being virtually identical as the other mediterrean people like italians, greeks etc.

Mozart' rondo alla turca (surely u have heard of this masterpiece a thousand times), inspired by what?

Imagine being a major european power for like 300 years
Imagine saving the english from catholicism and : The Guardian wrote a historical note with "Why we must thank the Turks, not Drake, for defeating the Armada."
Imagine playing a role on the balance of power in europe for centuries and being part of the political bloc with france for centuries.

White is the stereotypical guy who will say to a foreigner/ immigrant/ refugee or whatever, u can integrate as much as u like, but you nor ur grandchildren will ever be like us.
Chargement...
Chargement...
29.07.2021 - 08:37
Ecrit par ITSGG1122, 29.07.2021 at 07:27

A quote here from Kemal "Biz bize benzeriz".
Now imagine you are talking to europeans and they say, no u are middle eastern u are not european to turks.
Now imagine you are talking to middle easterns and they say, no u are not middle eastern, u are european.

12% of turkish people live on european side.
Yes majority 85%+ are probably muslim (growing amount of non-believers in secular turkey) So they share religion the same religion as the persians and arabs. But culturally they are totally different. If youve been to these countries you would ackknowledge this.
If youd ask a turk where they belong to, theyd probably say they live like europeans, practice their religion like middle easterners because they cant identify as either they'd just say as the quote says, they are just turks.

"calling turkey european is wrong"
This idea comes from this 16th century believe of turks being barbaric. Erasmus on turks.
Kids these days dont know in how many european institutions turkey is even a founding member. Imagine being one of 12 founding members of the european council yet some kid says nope calling u european/ western is wrong.
Imagine belonging to the first world. To the western world. Yet some kid still says calling u western/ european is wrong.
Imagine being a candidate to the EU, and trying to meet the requirements, yet some kid says calling u european is wrong.

You wanna know if turkey looks more german or more like saudi-arabia/ iran? And your answer is the latter. Youre just ignorant. With the many flaws the turkish system has, it is way more close to the european system than the other.

In the UN, Turkey always votes with its western allies. Western European Countries (like France, Spain, UK), the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Greece, and Turkey forms Western Europe and Others group in the UN.

Turkey is ruled on the merits of Law and Human Rights and not by religious principles unlike middle eastern countries. How are european countries ruled? guess the same.

Imagine being earlier to accept woman's suffrage than France or belgium and many other european countries and have gender equality yet some kid says calling u european is wrong.

Imagine studying to be a lawyer in turkey, and finding out that your whole legal system is based on.... european legal system, yet some kid says calling u european is wrong.

Imagine having the european court of human rights as the highest legal authority just like the other european countries, yet some kid says calling u european is wrong.

Imagine being in asia yet still be a member of the north atlantic treaty organisation.

Imagine having a purchasing power on the likes of many european countries, yet some kid says u look more like a middle eastern country.

Imagine having controversial things such as prostitution and abortion legal unlike other countries (ahum poland- ahum eastern europe).

Imagine literally being virtually identical as the other mediterrean people like italians, greeks etc.

Mozart' rondo alla turca (surely u have heard of this masterpiece a thousand times), inspired by what?

Imagine being a major european power for like 300 years
Imagine saving the english from catholicism and : The Guardian wrote a historical note with "Why we must thank the Turks, not Drake, for defeating the Armada."
Imagine playing a role on the balance of power in europe for centuries and being part of the political bloc with france for centuries.

White is the stereotypical guy who will say to a foreigner/ immigrant/ refugee or whatever, u can integrate as much as u like, but you nor ur grandchildren will ever be

Turks have always been a barbarian invasion in europe, their architecture is more middle eastern, their way of thinking is middle eastern, they as of right now are moving towards the middle east and away from europe, Turkey cannot be "European" cultutally it is neither Western, Southern European (Like the Greeks), or Slavic, every bit of culture they have that might be simmilar to europeans is Greek, the Turks were always seen as a barbarian invader in europe, their effect in European history was horrible, look at how low the development is in the balkans. And having abortion or prostitution legal doesnt automatically make you a western nation, Iran has one of the most liberal laws for transgenders is it western? Turks genetically and culturally arent simmilar to Italians and culturally they arent as simmilar to greeks as many think.
Chargement...
Chargement...
29.07.2021 - 09:35
----
Chargement...
Chargement...
29.07.2021 - 13:37
I found the lover and bootlicker of redcoats and perfidious Albion. May I remind you that it was the Spanish in conjunction with the Habsburgs of Austria, the Polish Catholics and Mother Russia in the Holy League that really ended the power of the Turks? Have you not read of the battle of Lepanto, or of the multiple attempts to take Vienna that ended in disaster for the Turks? You disappoint me gigi, really. Oh, and what to say about all the battles won by Mother Russia and the Slavic states against Turkish expansionism. No, it was not the Turks who prevented Spain from taking England and indeed they only maintained real power until the beginning of the 16th century, the taking of Constantinople being precisely the epitome of Ottoman power. I perceive a lot of black legend against the Habsburgs and Spain in all those final lines of your post, taking into account that the British could never advance or take the most important colonial enclaves in America like New Spain or Cartagena and that it was thanks to their horrible influence that Flanders desired independence from Spain being that it was always an integral and notable part of the crown since Charles V was elected king of Spain and the Holy Roman Empire.
Chargement...
Chargement...
29.07.2021 - 19:47

How are you comparing Istanbul to Paris or Munich? Western European Culture is totally different then Eastern European. Compare Istanbul to Greece or Ukraine, THEN you'll see the similarities.
----
RP is terrible, but NWE is the worst of all
Chargement...
Chargement...
04.08.2021 - 13:28
Turkey is the gate between Europe and the Middle east. Not only the rest of the world, but even Turks themselves are quite divided on wheter they are european or middle eastern as far as I know.

Turkey is taking steps away from europe therefor I do not think it'll fit in the EU for the moment, but if it continued to reform along the lines of how Turkey was during Ataturk it would. To the benefit of both Turkey and Europe.
Chargement...
Chargement...
04.08.2021 - 21:04
Message deleted by Kaska. Reason: Offensive
Chargement...
Chargement...
05.08.2021 - 10:43
 Mobster (Mod)
Message deleted by Kaska. Reason:
Chargement...
Chargement...
07.08.2021 - 18:52
----

Chargement...
Chargement...
15.08.2021 - 15:58
No
----

Chargement...
Chargement...
17.08.2021 - 22:00
I'd say turkey is European, however really moved away from Europe when Erdagon seized power. I'd say once turkey starts moving back to more secularism the country should be in the EU.
----
Chargement...
Chargement...
17.08.2021 - 22:21
Ive always considered turkey a part of europe, just like i consider the byzantine and ottoman empire...

i personaly consider all countries that are in the mediteran sea part of europe...
Chargement...
Chargement...
18.08.2021 - 05:29
 Mobster (Mod)
Chargement...
Chargement...
18.08.2021 - 14:51
Ecrit par sirivann, 17.08.2021 at 22:21

Ive always considered turkey a part of europe, just like i consider the byzantine and ottoman empire...

i personaly consider all countries that are in the mediteran sea part of europe...

So Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, And Algeria are ALL a part of Europe?
----
Chargement...
Chargement...
18.08.2021 - 14:56
Ecrit par Fatcheek, 18.08.2021 at 14:51

indeed
Chargement...
Chargement...
18.08.2021 - 15:00
Ecrit par sirivann, 18.08.2021 at 14:56

indeed

I thought Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, and Libya were in Africa, and Syria and Lebanon were in asia?
----
Chargement...
Chargement...
18.08.2021 - 15:18
Ecrit par Fatcheek, 18.08.2021 at 15:00

Ecrit par sirivann, 18.08.2021 at 14:56

indeed

I thought Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, and Libya were in Africa, and Syria and Lebanon were in asia?

i mean if we are talking about continents then their would be no europe or asia but instead just euroasia.

i consider europe all the countries in the meditarean sea and the extra ones in north atlantic because of the vast amount of different empires and kingdoms that rised and fell in the area that had a impact on alot of others in the same area like the phoen naval empire, the crusader kingdoms, byz emprie , ottoman, carthage caliphates that conquered spain etc etc, Egpyt always had a huge importance in the area and at one time or another was the main food source of the biggest empires in europe xD.
Chargement...
Chargement...
18.08.2021 - 22:45
The common line for european is from iceland to caucasus/turkey/ to kazachstan to spain. So russia, armenia/azerbaidzjan/georgia/ turkey and kazachstan are european countries. Why kazachstan? Well it has more land geographically in europe than france.
Chargement...
Chargement...
18.08.2021 - 23:45
Ecrit par ITSGG1122, 18.08.2021 at 22:45

The common line for european is from iceland to caucasus/turkey/ to kazachstan to spain. So russia, armenia/azerbaidzjan/georgia/ turkey and kazachstan are european countries. Why kazachstan? Well it has more land geographically in europe than france.

Thrace would be the only part of Turkey in Europe
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Chargement...
Chargement...
19.08.2021 - 00:36
Ecrit par Augustus Caesar, 18.08.2021 at 23:45

Ecrit par ITSGG1122, 18.08.2021 at 22:45

Still more people in european turkey than ireland
Chargement...
Chargement...
19.08.2021 - 03:48
Citer:
Ecrit par ITSGG1122, 19.08.2021 at 00:36

Still more people in european turkey than ireland

There's more people in Istanbul than a lot of other countries too
----
Lest we forget
Moja Bosna Ponosna
Chargement...
Chargement...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Confidentialité | Conditions d'utilisations | Bannières | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Rejoignez-nous sur

Passez le mot