Obtenir une Soubscription pour cacher toutes les annonces
17.10.2012 - 13:57
Afterwind Times

by Safari

General

So my dear friends,
today i will present you the weekly amount of Afterwind news. I know that there happened many interesting things last week, like the Coalition War between Dalmati and BiteMe! (btw. Dalmati won this), Elme our new admin for promotion issues or the affairs with people duelling someone with game option "capture London for 2 weeks", but i decided to focus on our new update - the custom maps and trust me the article will be long enough.

As you all (hopefully) noticed, we have got a new update. The last 2 days i see people making their own maps, playing them or just discussing about them. I also studied this maps and would like to give you (especially for all the non premiums) a small impression af this alpha version. Here we go (just for the record, english is not my mother tongue, so dont be shocked by bad english !!!):

What does Afterwind say

Short background story about my questions: Some people claim (also directly to me !!!, what i found actually funny ) that this alpha release is only restricted to premium users. They think its unfair! There exists also a rumor that with the custom maps (also known as Afterwind 2.0) there will be no premium for life time anymore, so i asked ~Acqui about this!

First i would like to have a opinion of an average afterwind player. So i went to the alpha release lobby and asked a random person. Millennial got my victim. Here are the results.

[pr] Safari: Millennial: hi. what are your feelings about the custom maps?
[pr] Millennial: I think they are the best update Afterwind has ever seen so far.
[pr] Millennial: That is, if you exclude the bugs, but it is just an alpha yet. I think it will be very good once it is released completely.
[pr] Safari: Millennial: really. how long are you already playing afterwind to be able to say something like that?
[pr] Millennial: I have been around since the start of this year I guess. However, I did watch some previous games and they weren't very different from the ones I see now.
[pr] Safari: Millennial: ok. 10 month is already a long time
[pr] Safari: Millennial: what do you wish to be improved as fast as possible?
[pr] Millennial: Overall or just about this new alpha?
[pr] Safari: Millennial: about this alpha.
[pr] Millennial: Well, I think we need scenarios badly, because custom maps can really make them awesome.
[pr] Safari: Millennial: true story. what do you think about holding this preview away from non premiums?
[pr] Millennial: That's a good question. Well, I think they just want dedicated players to try and debug the new alpha, so it is necessary.
[pr] Millennial: However, I am not particularly sure about it being necessarily Full package.
[pr] Safari: Millennial: which solution would you suggest?
[pr] Millennial: I would say that those with the Scenarios pack should be allowed too. But that's just me, I guess
[pr] Millennial: I read some posts on the forums, particularly Utah's, and he has been waiting for a good long time for this.
[pr] Millennial: He can't come because he only has the Scenarios pack. That's just an example.
[pr] Safari: Millennial: what do you think about the fact that all people got reset to rank 0?
[pr] Millennial: Oh, I think that our original ranks will be put back once this becomes a beta.
[pr] Millennial: To be honest, I see no point in ranks in an alpha. They could just make everybody rank 15 so they could test all the units and stuff.
[pr] Safari: Millennial: well. some people say. that this custom maps are getting AW 2.0. can you confirm that?
[pr] Millennial: I would say they might, because as Ivan said, this is sort of a new game in the basis of programming. I would not know if they would plug it in the original AW or not though.
[pr] Safari: Millennial: great thanks for the interview. do you want to add something?
[pr] Millennial: Not really. No problem, by the way.

Next i was talking to ~Acqui, to get an Mod opinion:

[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: do you have some time for an interview or are you in a game?
[pr] ~Cloudburst: sure, I have time
[pr] ~Cloudburst: my game just ended
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: great.
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: first off all i would like to know if you are satisfied with this new update?
[pr] ~Cloudburst: yes, the update was what I expected so I'd say I'm satisfied
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: ok. nice to hear
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: with this new custom maps afterwind goes into 2.0
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: thats great
[pr] ~Cloudburst: yep
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: but there exists some rumors in the community that there will be no premiums for lifetime anymore, when this update is complete. is this true?
[pr] ~Cloudburst: could you clarify? what do you mean by no premiums for lifetime?
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: currently you have to option to buy premium without expiration date. Some people say that this will not last anymore, when afterwind goes 2.0
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: do you have any informations about this?
[pr] ~Cloudburst: no, if there is a plan for such a change I've heard nothing about it
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: that are just rumors
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: so nvm
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: btw. what do you think of the fact that we start all with rank 0?
[pr] ~Cloudburst: good question, I think it's kind of interesting that they "leveled the playing field"
[pr] ~Cloudburst: it doesn't really matter though, when alpha is fully released we will get our ranks back
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: so will we get our earlier earned SPs before the Beta release?
[pr] ~Cloudburst: to my understanding, yes. it would be a bad move to make everyone start over
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: thanks thats all i wanted to know. do you want to say something to afterwind (maybe advertising a map you created?)
[pr] ~Cloudburst: hmm
[pr] ~Cloudburst: I'd just say that everyone should be patient when it comes to all of the bugs in alpha
[pr] ~Cloudburst: they will get fixed ^_^
[pr] Safari: ~Cloudburst: thats a super finish. thanks for your time. cya
[pr] ~Cloudburst: cya!

Creating Maps

As you know the current alpha version has a lot of bugs But nevertheless everyone has to create his/her own map. So do I. Problem was that i closed the chat to have a bigger screen, but so i couldn't read that the server restarts in a few minutes. Here a picture of me, because one picture describes more than 1000 words:

(btw. you are welcome to play my first custom map, its called family war)

Wisdom of the week

Thanks to Ivan and Amok

I think we as THE QUALITY NEWS PAPER of Afterwind should also thanks our Admins for this great upgreat. So i think that i speak for the whole AT Times team that we are very grateful for the first steps of Afterwind 2.0.
Just go on the good work Ivan & Amok & Elme

Thanks for reading

Your ♥ Safari ♥
----

Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 14:00
Great Work Safari!
----
The funny thing about this is by the time you realize that this is completely pointless, it's too late to stop reading.
Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 14:02
Lol nice work saf !!
Looking out for the next one
<3
----
Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 14:05
Ace of Lords
Ce compte a été effacé
Great work once more! You make me proud buddy!

5/5
Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 14:11
Great article
----

[pr] Commando Eagle: duel?
[pr] Commando Eagle: i have to regain back the lost elos and gain extra as punishment for rush

Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 14:32
Thanks for your good article
----
"War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means."
― Carl von Clausewitz
Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 14:52
10/10
Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 15:34
Thanks all
----

Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 19:53
Penis custom maps are coming
Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 20:14
"Penis custom maps are coming"

This is an excellent pun.
Chargement...
Chargement...
17.10.2012 - 21:31
 Acquiesce (Mod)
Oh my god, you used my penis custom map meme; I am very honored.

Great article Saf.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Chargement...
Chargement...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Confidentialité | Conditions d'utilisations | Bannières | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Rejoignez-nous sur

Passez le mot